A Guide to Using Databases
What Are Databases?
A database is an organised collection of information. The database our panel supports is MariaDB. MariaDB is a very popular open-source database that was developed by the original MySQL developers.
What Are Databases Useful For?
Some server plugins, bots, or software may require a database to store information. Minecraft plugins will usually state whether they need or support an SQL database.
Step 1: Creating a Database
- Log in to the Game Panel, then choose a server.
- Navigate to the “Databases” tab.
- Click on “New Database”.
- A popup should appear. Enter any name you like in the “Database Name” field.
- For the second field, you can enter in the node’s IP, or leave it blank.
- Once you have filled in the fields, click on “Create Database”.
- Your database should be created. Click on the eye icon to view your database credentials.
Step 2: Viewing And Editing The Contents Of Your Database
- Click on the database icon.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can manage the contents of your database.